Saturday, October 19, 2013

Growing Faith

Here's Abe's first group email!
Elder Bedard and other Elders in his district who are going to the Nagoya Japan mission
Hey everyone! Sorry it took me so long to set this up, but I have found that within my hour I have to do email I can't email everyone so I'm going to start this with the help of my sister. However, if you want to write me with any questions that are just about anything I will reply as soon as I can :) This week was really good and I am progressing in Nihongo faster than I could have ever imagined. It is amazing what we can do when we will simply get down on our knees and ask the Lord for the help that we need. My Faith in Christ has grown so much more since I have been here.  Every time I teach a practice investigator it grows even more as I see this gospel affect people in such a positive way, and if 
Elder Bedard's district while in the MTC
these are just training lessons, I can't imagine how I will feel when it comes to the real thing! I am so very, very excited to go and teach the people in Nagoya. Yesterday I taught two lessons with my companion and in both of them we committed the investigator to baptism, and one of them was just like "Hai!" which of course means yes, but it was just a surprise that he was so very ready to receive baptism and  made me realize people are being prepared for me to teach them already and some of them are just ready and waiting to be taught.  Anyways, this week I also began reading "Jesus the Christ" and it is easily like the most amazing book I have ever read. It covers Christ so very well and every time I read it I just gain endless amounts of knowledge about him and my Faith in him grows more.  It is just an amazing book and I would recommend it to everyone.  The MTC is a great place and I love it a ton, but I am growing more and more anxious to go to Japan.  However, yesterday I finished my first month in the MTC and am now starting on my second so it is definitely going by fast. Anyways I've got to go, but I love you all and thanks for all the letters and support! And thanks for all the Birthday wishes last week if I haven't already thanked you!  The Gospel of Christ is the most powerful thing I could ever experience and I am so glad I have the opportunity to serve a mission in Japan.  I miss you guys!
     -Elder Bedard

No comments:

Post a Comment