Thursday, November 28, 2013

Love from Japan

Hey everyone! Sorry it has been so long since you have heard from me, but my last day was spent on an airplane flying to Japan.  The flight wasn't too bad even though it was around 17 hours and then Japan is 15 hours ahead of Utah so I jumped around 30 hours ahead in time. Well, I would have put a smiley face there, but I have no idea how to use this keyboard. It is so weird, and the space bar is like the same size of all the other keys so it is quite difficult.  Anyways, I actually talked to two different people-one at the airport and one on the airplane. Both experiences were really cool. The lady on the airplane said she would read the Book of Mormon.  I have actually had less success out here in the field though. Well, that is not exactly true. My companion and I have two appointments scheduled in the next two weeks, but finding people to teach is way difficult. I love talking to all the people I can though. My companion's name is Elder Shimbashi and he is from Canada.  He is a great Elder.  Actually though, Elder Emery from my home ward is in the same apartment as me, and that has been really nice to have someone I know here. My apartment is actually way super small and we all sleep on futons on a tatami mat room area, which is basically just a little bit softer than the floor, but actually I love it.  Japanese culture is such an amazing thing. Although, I do kinda miss electric dryer machines. I love everything here in Japan.  Well, I don't have very much time, but I love all of you so much and I hope you are doing well. Hopefully this next week I will have a little more success to report. I miss you guys a ton! P.S. Sorry I probably won't be able to send any pictures this week because the computer doesn't really work very well.

With Love
Elder Bedard

From Lis: Abe's not even in the US anymore so be sure to support him and send love from America!

No comments:

Post a Comment