Thursday, February 6, 2014

That Kind of Faith and Courage

Hey everyone!! I love you guys!! Thanks so much for all the support!!  This week was pretty awesome, partly because I got to play tennis for the first time in 5 months, and we used that to teach the Gospel as well.  Last P day, we went to Inuyama castle,which was way sick; it is one of the most original castles in Japan, they haven't redone like any of it.  Japanese culture is really amazing, and I can't wait to come back after my mission to tour all of it.  On Tuesday we taught our first full lesson to Imanuel, and wow what a special experience it was to do that.  He is one of those golden investigators that has been prepared by the Lord and there is no doubt about it.  He has some family in Peru that are members so he already knew a little about the church and the Book of Mormon.  Wow, what great faith he has. I just can't explain it, but I feel like he should be a missionary :D On Wednesday, we went and did missionary work in the pouring rain all day.  It also happened to be a companion exchange, so I was with my district leader.  Anyways, we went and had lunch with an awesome member.  Kato kyodai is his name, and he has one of the coolest hobbies ever-he makes guitars and plays them.  There are so many cool people here, when you actually get to know them.  I guess it is like that everywhere in the world.  You never know who someone really is until you spend some quality time with them.  Which reminds me I am very ready for transfers, only one week left yay!  The tennis courts we played on the other day were way funky and it was almost like astro turf mixed with sand... super slippery. It was way fun, and we got to spend some time with a woman who will hopefully become an investigator soon.  There were also two families and some other people from the ward there so it was a blast for everyone.  I spent the first half teaching everyone the basics and how to play and the second half playing with everyone.  Everyone enjoyed it so much that the ward mission leader is going to make it a monthly ward activity.  It is amazing how we are able to do missionary work through almost anything.  Recently I have been reading about the 2000 stripling warriors in Alma and I have been able to learn a lot about their faith that has really inspired me. Alma 57:26-27 talks about the result of their exceeding faith.  I truly want to have that kind of faith and courage.  I believe we all can develop it through the help of our Savior Jesus Christ.  We need to be warriors against the devil and his angels in order to win this war of the eternities, and we will win because we have Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ on our side.  With them there is nothing that we can not do.  I love you all so much, take care!
Me and my tennis group, they are all so fun and awesome,
a couple of them are actually pretty good at tennis too :D

     Elder Bedard
     

No comments:

Post a Comment