Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Trains, Transfers, and Teaching

     Hey everyone!! How are you all doing? I feel like the weeks are going by faster and faster even though they are all the exact same amount of time :D  This week was super fantastic.  People are amazing.  This week I realized something kind of interesting.  When I am on the trains, I see people and want to talk to them, but for some reason people in Japan look like they are in a bad mood and slightly intimidating, especially when they are sitting by themselves, (which is more often then not) like they will yell at me if I talk to them.  However, on quite the contrary, as soon as I start talking to them, most Nihonjin will just start smiling and look really nice. I think as a foreigner, I just look kinda funny. Anyways it is always  fun talking to them.  I get to meet so many interesting people.  Before I forget, I want to thank everyone who has written me any emails or letter. I always seem to get them right when I need them, so thank you everyone for all of your support. I love you guys!  Haha So I have been studying a little Spanish, because I speak to a lot of Spanish and/or Portuguese speakers. But I had my first interview with the mission president the other day, and he decided it probably wasn't a good idea, so I am going to have to slow down on my Spanish ideas, maybe just on P day or something.  I am excited for transfers coming up in a couple of week, a change could be really nice. I have some pretty great missionaries in my District/zone, but I want to see some new things, but then I remember there is so much work that need to be done in Inuyama :D  One of our investigators committed to following the Word of Wisdom today so that was way exciting. She is progressing really well, basically the main thing holding her back is her husband.  We have been trying to teach her that her kids can grow up with a good influence if she will get them involved in the Gospel because she has told us that she doesn't want her kids to grow up like her husband. It just made me think about how grateful I am to have had the opportunity to grow up in this amazing Gospel.  It has turned me into such a better person than I ever could have been without it.  So the other day I learned a very important lesson about missionary work.  We had a full day planned with several appointments scheduled, but then that morning everything began falling through.  I was a little annoyed, but we went out and worked hard anyways, and that night after a lot of housing we finally find a guy named Imanuel.  He is from Peru and has been prepared by the Lord for us teach. This is the Lord's work and he will lead us to the people we need to help, it just might not always be in the way expect. I know that Imanuel is going to get baptized.  He was taught a little before he moved to Japan, and I am super excited for him!  Today I read Alma 37:33-37 in my personal study, and I was reminded that turning to the Lord in all things is essential if we are to become who he needs us to be.  Well, I love all of you and I hope you are doing well. I miss you guys.

Love Elder Bedard

No comments:

Post a Comment