Monday, December 23, 2013

The Birds, Cooking, and Baptism

Hey everyone!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! I hope everyone is doing well! This week was a very interesting with a couple funny/interesting stories.  Btw it is finally beginning to get very cold here, but I can never seem to resist wearing just a sweater over my white shirts.  I never wore sweaters before my mission, but for some reason I am in love with them here :D Anyways the other day, we saw one giant crow just chilling there on the power lines and thought it was kind fumy cuz how big he was and it was the first one I had seen in Japan. Well the next morning we went out for our run and when we walked outside of our apartment there were hundreds of them sitting and flying. It was super scary, cuz it reminded me of that really old movie with the thousands of birds that attack all the people in the town. I can't remember what it was called, but it was black and white.  Wednesday our zone had its Christmas meeting/get together and it was really fun. The Japanese ladies even tried to cook an American Christmas dinner. It was super nice of them; I just miss real American food though.  Then on Thursday, me and my companion went and did housing in the pouring rain for the first of what I am sure will be many times.  It was fun, but unfortunately we had no success. Since we have been here there has only been one Nihonjin that has taken the time to listen to us and that was the catholic guy I think I told you about a while ago.  So that same night Elder Benzon who is our district leader cooked dinner for us (he had never before cooked for us). He had said he was bad at cooking, but the next morning all of us were way sick, maybe with food poisoning :D but we were in our futons all day and man futons are not as comfortable as I thought they were.  Then comes the most exciting news, I got to see my first baptism in Japan.  He was an investigator of a part member family that the other companionship in our apartment inherited as an investigator when the other missionaries left. It was such an amazing experience and I can't wait until I get to see one of my investigators get baptized. 2 Nephi 19:6 and 22:2 These two verses are very special to me especially during this Christmas season.  I love remembering that Christ is the means by which I receive salvation and happiness in my love.  The reason he was born was to provide a way that we might return to our loving Heavenly Father.  What a comforting thought that is to me.  Well I love all of you and I hope you enjoy this wonderful Christmas season !!!! 愛していますよ。
     Elder Bedard     ベダード長老


No comments:

Post a Comment